Data Entry Clerk Job Summary
We are looking for a focused Data Entry Clerk to continuously update our company’s database. The data entry clerk will liaise with and follow up with employees within the company as well as with community organizations to collect information. This person will capture the data into relevant databases in a timely and accurate manner. The data entry clerk will identify and correct errors, and swiftly bring them to the attention of relevant parties where necessary.
To do well in this job, the data entry clerk should collect information and capture data promptly to ensure the business’ databases are current to accurately reflect its developments, updates, and transactions. Top candidates will be focused, diligent, energetic, and have good phone and people skills.
Data Entry Clerk Job Responsibilities:
- Maintains database by entering new and updated member and account information.
- Prepares source data for computer entry by compiling and sorting information.
- Establishes entry priorities.
- Processes listing and account source documents by reviewing data for deficiencies.
- Resolves deficiencies by using standard procedures or returning incomplete documents to the appropriate person for resolution.
- Enters listing and account data by inputting alphabetic and numeric information on keyboard or optical scanner according to screen format.
- Maintains data entry requirements by following data program techniques and procedures.
- Verifies entered listing and account data by reviewing, correcting, deleting, or reentering data.
- Purges files to eliminate duplication of data.
- Test member and account system changes and upgrades by inputting new data.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures and reporting needed changes.
- Maintains member and listing confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Data Entry Clerk Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years data entry experience or related office experience
- Good command of English
- Ability to type 60 W.P.M.
- Organization skills
- High attention to detail. Thoroughness and accuracy are a must
- Computer savvy and ability to pick things up quickly
- Able to maintain company confidentiality
- Excellent knowledge of Google Drive and Google Sheets
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to concentrate for lengthy periods of time and perform accurately with adequate speed
- Strong phone etiquette a must
Please Note: This document is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the identified role. Employees must maintain a high degree of flexibility in our rapidly changing environment, and as such, it should be noted that from time to time, they may be required to perform additional duties beyond the scope described within.
Description of AMA SPC
American Marketing Alliance SPC is a Washington Based Social Purpose Corporation. The Alliance and its chapters exist to connect the buyers and sellers of local marketing and advertising opportunities on a website called LocalMarketingTool.com (this will Launch Nov. ,1 2020). The primary objective is to help businesses and organizations avoid The Marketing Burn.