We are seeking a motivated and organized Sales Agent to close sales and boost our member and subscriber base. This person will utilize established leads and find new leads for potential members and subscribers. After making initial contact, you will present the benefits of our memberships and subscriptions, helping them understand how these products can bring clarity to everyday marketing decisions. We prefer candidates who have at least five years of sales experience, preferably at a membership-based organization, along with a solid history of closing sales.
Sales Responsibilities and Duties
- Conduct internal and external marketing activities to achieve lead generation, referrals, and membership sales as directed.
- Research potential leads from business directories, web searches, or digital resources
- Contact potential customers through phone calls and emails
- Maintain a record of calls and other contacts through our computerized system
- Create and maintain a database of prospective clients
- Recruit prospective new members to join by analyzing the assigned marketplace, networking, outbound calling, and referrals
- Develop market segments and solicit new customer relationships while maintaining existing relationships
- Assists in administrative tasks including filing and data entry of client records and surveys as may be required.
- Executes goals and sales objectives established for the Chapter.
- Work closely with the CEO to manage and to meet established goals.
Sales Agent Requirements and Qualifications
- High school degree or equivalent; a bachelor’s degree is a plus.
- 5+ years of sales experience preferred with a demonstrated successful sales record.
- In-depth understanding of membership and subscription-based services.
- Proficient in G-Suite including Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Forms.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong phone and computer skills.
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks.
- Possess general knowledge of marketing and advertising principles.
- Have a strong customer service orientation and be able to communicate effectively with members, guests, vendors, chapter teams, and management.
- Maintain member and subscriber confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Please note: this document is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the identified role. Employees must maintain a high degree of flexibility in our rapidly changing environment. As such they may be required to perform additional duties beyond the scope described herein.
Description of AMA SPC
American Marketing Alliance SPC is a Washington Based Social Purpose Corporation. The Alliance and its chapters exist to connect the buyers and sellers of local marketing with advertising opportunities on a website called LocalMarketingTool.com (this will Launch Nov. 1, 2020). The primary objective is to help businesses and organizations avoid The Marketing Burn.